- 1/2 avocado, pitted, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ chicken taco seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 Old El Paso™ whole wheat Taco Bowls™
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- Make it FRESH toppings, as desired (see below)
Step 1 In medium bowl, mash avocado with fork until smooth. Stir in yogurt, cilantro, lime juice and salt. Set aside.
Step 2 In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 7 to 9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in center. Stir in taco seasoning mix and water. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
Step 3 While chicken is cooking, heat bowls as directed on package, and assemble toppings. Divide chicken mixture among bowls; sprinkle with cheese and pomegranate seeds. Serve with avocado sauce, and top with toppings.
NutritionCalories190(Calories from Fat70),Total Fat8g(Saturated Fat2 1/2g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol40mgSodium540mgTotal Carbohydrate13g(Dietary Fiber1g Sugars0g),Protein16g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A6%;Vitamin C0%;Calcium6%;Iron6%; Exchanges:1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 2 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1 *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Expert TipsIdeas for Make it FRESH toppings: pomegranate seeds, shredded lettuce, fresh cilantro leaves, sliced fresh jalapeños.
Not a fan of yogurt? Substitute sour cream instead.