Avocado Chicken Whole Wheat Taco Bowls™
Plain old chicken breasts find excitement with a luscious, fresh avocado and yogurt sauce in these quick and easy bowls.
25 Minutes Prep
25 Minutes Total
- 1/2 avocado, pitted, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ chicken taco seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 Old El Paso™ whole wheat Taco Bowls™
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- Make it FRESH toppings, as desired (see below)
- In medium bowl, mash avocado with fork until smooth. Stir in yogurt, cilantro, lime juice and salt. Set aside.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 7 to 9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in center. Stir in taco seasoning mix and water. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- While chicken is cooking, heat bowls as directed on package, and assemble toppings. Divide chicken mixture among bowls; sprinkle with cheese and pomegranate seeds. Serve with avocado sauce, and top with toppings.
- Ideas for Make it FRESH toppings: pomegranate seeds, shredded lettuce, fresh cilantro leaves, sliced fresh jalapeños.
- Not a fan of yogurt? Substitute sour cream instead.