- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 1 1/2 lb beef boneless sirloin tip steak, cut into thin bite-size strips
- 1 can (16 oz) Old El Paso™ refried beans
- 12 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for soft tacos & fajitas (6 inch; from two 8.2-oz packages)
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 3 medium green onions, thinly sliced (3 tablespoons)
- 1 can (10 oz) Old El Paso™ enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend (4 oz)
Step 1 Heat oven to 400°F. In 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in taco seasoning mix. Add beef strips; cook 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until desired doneness; drain.
Step 2 Meanwhile, place refried beans in microwavable dish. Microwave uncovered on High 2 minutes, stirring once or twice.
Step 3 Spread each tortilla with refried beans to within 1/4 inch of edge. Top each with beef, Cheddar cheese and onions. Roll up, folding in sides. In ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish, place burritos with seam sides down. Pour enchilada sauce over burritos. Sprinkle with Mexican cheese blend.
Step 4 Bake uncovered 7 to 12 minutes or until burritos are thoroughly heated and cheese is melted.
NutritionCalories730(Calories from Fat390),Total Fat43g(Saturated Fat22g,Trans Fat1 1/2g),Cholesterol165mgSodium1860mgTotal Carbohydrate45g(Dietary Fiber4g Sugars2g),Protein44g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A30%;Vitamin C6%;Calcium45%;Iron30%; Exchanges:3 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 3 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Expert TipsGarnish with fresh cilantro.
Serve with fresh mango slices, melon slices or pineapple chunks.
This winning recipe was created by Becky Fuller of Westmont, Illinois, for a national recipe contest.