- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups fresh or frozen (thawed) corn kernels
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 Old El Paso™ Taco Boats™ soft flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
Step 1: In 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add corn, green onions, red pepper and salt; cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until corn begins to brown. Transfer to medium bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Stir in mayonnaise, sour cream and lime juice.
Step 2: In same skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix and water. Cook over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes longer or until thickened.
Step 3: Meanwhile, heat boats as directed on package. Divide beef mixture among boats. Top with corn mixture, then top with queso fresco cheese and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
Elote is traditional Mexican grilled sweet corn on the cob. Serve with lime wedges and an extra sprinkle of ground red pepper for authentic elote flair.
Pat corn kernels dry before adding to butter to help them brown nicely.