Black Bean Crispy Flour Tacos
This easy black bean taco with crunchy slaw comes together perfectly using the new Old El Paso™ crispy flour tortilla shells.
25 Minutes Prep
25 Minutes Total
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons (from 1-oz package) Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 box (8 count) Old El Paso™ crispy flour tortilla shells, heated as directed on box
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and diced (1/2-inch)
- 3/4 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions; cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft. Stir in beans, taco seasoning mix and water. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix cabbage, cilantro, lime juice, honey and salt; stir to blend. Set aside.
- Divide bean mixture among heated shells; top with cabbage mixture, avocado and cheese.
- To dice avocado, cut in half, and remove pit. Using large spoon, scoop flesh from skin. Place one half avocado cut side down on cutting board. Make two horizontal cuts to make three planks, then cut lengthwise into strips. Turn 90 degrees, and cut again. Repeat with other half of avocado.
- Heating shells before filling provides the perfect crispness for your tacos.