- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ chicken taco seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chile garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 3 cups shredded baby spinach
- 1 cup coarsely shredded carrots
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced on the bias
- 8 Old El Paso™ soft flour tortilla Taco Boats™
- 1/4 cup chopped salted roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Step 1 In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in oil 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in center. Stir in coconut milk and taco seasoning mix. Reduce heat to medium; simmer uncovered 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
Step 2 Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce, chile garlic sauce, brown sugar and gingerroot with whisk. Add spinach, carrots and green onions; toss to coat.
Step 3 Heat boats as directed on package. Divide spinach mixture among boats. Divide chicken mixture among boats; top each with peanuts and cilantro.
NutritionCalories290( Calories from Fat130),% Daily ValueTotal Fat14g14%(Saturated Fat5g,5%Trans Fat0g0%), Cholesterol45mg45%;Sodium620mg620%;Total Carbohydrate20g20%(Dietary Fiber2g2% Sugars4g4%), Protein20g20%; % Daily Value*:Vitamin A80%;Vitamin C6%;Calcium6%;Iron10%;Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Expert TipsTo shred spinach, remove any long stems, then stack leaves, roll up like a cigar and thinly slice.
To save a little time, opt for bagged preshredded carrots.