Crunchy Taco Burritos
40 Minutes Total
- 7 Servings
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 box Hamburger Helper™ crunchy taco
- 1/3 cup milk
- 12 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (8 inch; from two 11-oz packages)
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- In 10-inch skillet; cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in water, 1 cup milk and the sauce mix (from Hamburger Helper box) until blended. Heat to boiling. Stir in uncooked rice (from Hamburger Helper box).
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir milk and topping mix (from Hamburger Helper box) 30 seconds; set aside. Slightly crush corn chips (from Hamburger Helper box); set aside.
- Heat tortillas as directed on package. Spoon about 1/3 cup beef mixture down center of each warm tortilla; drizzle with cheese topping. Top with green onions, tomato and crushed corn chips. Fold bottom of each tortilla 1 inch over filling. Fold sides in, overlapping to enclose filling. Fold top over sides.
- For a change of pace, why not try spinach or one of the other flavored tortillas?
Calories470(Calories from Fat150),Total Fat16g(Saturated Fat5g,Trans Fat2 1/2g),Cholesterol45mgSodium1140mgTotal Carbohydrate60g(Dietary Fiber1g Sugars4g),Protein19g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A10%;Vitamin C4%;Calcium15%;Iron20%; Exchanges:4 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:4 *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.