Crunchy Taco Burritos
You will be surprised with the crunch in these burritos made with Hamburger Helper®. By Betty Crocker Kitchens
20 Minutes Prep
40 Minutes Total
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 box Hamburger Helper™ crunchy taco
- 1/3 cup milk
- 12 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (8 inch; from two 11-oz packages)
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- In 10-inch skillet; cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in water, 1 cup milk and the sauce mix (from Hamburger Helper box) until blended. Heat to boiling. Stir in uncooked rice (from Hamburger Helper box).
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir milk and topping mix (from Hamburger Helper box) 30 seconds; set aside. Slightly crush corn chips (from Hamburger Helper box); set aside.
- Heat tortillas as directed on package. Spoon about 1/3 cup beef mixture down center of each warm tortilla; drizzle with cheese topping. Top with green onions, tomato and crushed corn chips. Fold bottom of each tortilla 1 inch over filling. Fold sides in, overlapping to enclose filling. Fold top over sides.
- For a change of pace, why not try spinach or one of the other flavored tortillas?