Easy Chicken and Black Bean Enchilada Casserole
1 Hours 5 Minutes Total
- 5 Servings
- 2 cans (10 oz each) Old El Paso™ Mild Red Enchilada Sauce
- 2 1/2 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inch), cut in half
- 2 cups Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend (8 oz)
- Sliced green onions, chopped fresh cilantro leaves and Old El Paso™ Crema Mexicana, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce evenly in bottom of baking dish. In medium bowl, stir together chicken, 3/4 cup of the sauce, the taco seasoning mix, beans and frozen corn.
- Place 8 tortilla halves in bottom of baking dish on top of sauce. Spread half of the chicken mixture evenly over tops of tortilla halves; sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese. Top with remaining tortilla halves, chicken mixture and enchilada sauce.
- Cover baking dish with foil. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly around edges. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered 5 to 7 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Top with green onions, cilantro and crema.
- Want a little more heat? Use Old El Paso™ Medium Red Enchilada Sauce.
- Deli rotisserie chicken makes this casserole quick and convenient!
- Try other varieties of Old El Paso™ Taco Seasoning Mix, such as chicken or hot & spicy for something different in this chicken and black bean enchilada casserole recipe.
- Try topping with sliced jalapeño chiles for a spicy layer on the chicken enchilada casserole.
- Once you make the Easy Chicken and Black Bean Enchilada Casserole, try two other mouthwatering enchilada recipes: Chicken Enchilada Casserole and Buffalo Chicken Enchilada Casserole.
About 1 1/3 Cups Calories 530 (Calories from Fat 180); Total Fat 19g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 110mg; Sodium 1450mg; Total Carbohydrate 52g (Dietary Fiber 9g, Sugars 5g); Protein 37g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 40%; Iron 20%;
Exchanges: 3 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 3 Very Lean Meat, 1 High-Fat Meat, 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 3.5