Fresh Chicken Fajitas
No need to go out for delicious fajitas when you can make this spirited version, with lime-scented chicken and fresh and sautéed veggies wrapped in flour tortillas.
50 Minutes Prep
50 Minutes Total
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb. chicken tenders
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 medium red or green bell peppers, cut into thin bite-sized strips
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded or torn lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- In medium nonmetal bowl, combine lime juice, salt, oregano, cumin and garlic; mix well. Add chicken tenders; stir to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add onions and bell peppers; cook and stir until crisp-tender. Move vegetables to side of skillet.
- Remove chicken from marinade; add to skillet. Discard marinade. If necessary, add additional oil to skillet. Cook and stir about 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 350°F. Wrap tortillas in foil. Heat at 350°F. for 10 to 12 minutes or until warm.
- To serve, fill warm tortillas with chicken, onions, bell peppers, lettuce, tomatoes and salsa; fold over.
- Rather than using shredded lettuce, place a whole lettuce leaf on top of a warm tortilla and cover with the chicken and other vegetables.
- Condiments to serve with fajitas include guacamole, Old El Paso® Chopped Green Chilies, sour cream and/or shredded cheese.
NutritionCalories495(Calories from Fat125),Total Fat14g(Saturated Fat3g,),Cholesterol70mgSodium1060mgTotal Carbohydrate64g(Dietary Fiber7g Sugars11g),Protein35g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A88%;Vitamin C100%;Calcium16%;Iron30%; Exchanges:2 1/2 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 1 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:4
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.