- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 1/4 lb)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ fajita seasoning mix
- 1 large onion, cut in thick slices
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in quarters
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in quarters
- 8 Old El Paso™ Taco Boats™ Soft Flour Tortillas, heated as directed on package
- Make it FRESH toppings, as desired (see below)
Step 1 Heat gas or charcoal grill. Brush chicken with 1 tablespoon of the oil; sprinkle with fajita seasoning mix to coat. In medium bowl, toss onion and bell peppers with remaining oil. Set aside.
Step 2 Place chicken on direct heat of grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 15 to 18 minutes, turning occasionally, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F). Add vegetables to grill for last 5 to 7 minutes of cooking, turning once or twice, until crisp-tender.
Step 3 Remove from grill, and let chicken rest 5 minutes; cut into thin slices. Cut bell peppers into thin strips; separate onions into rings.
Step 4 Spoon grilled chicken and vegetables into warmed boats. Serve with Make it FRESH toppings.
NutritionCalories220(Calories from Fat80),Total Fat9g(Saturated Fat2g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol45mgSodium460mgTotal Carbohydrate17g(Dietary Fiber0g Sugars2g),Protein18g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A10%;Vitamin C25%;Calcium4%;Iron6%; Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 2 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Expert TipsMake it FRESH toppings ideas: shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sour cream, guacamole, shredded cheese, salsa.
In a pinch, use Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix for your fajitas.
Serve these fajitas with frosty margaritas.