Instant Pot™ Beef and Black Bean Chili
55 Minutes Total
- 9 Servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb extra-lean (at least 90%) ground beef
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (28 oz) Muir Glen™ organic fire-roasted crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1/2 cup water
Recipe Continues Below
- On 6-quart Instant Pot™, select SAUTE; adjust to normal. Heat oil in insert. Add beef, onions, chili powder and salt; cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked. Select CANCEL.
- Stir in tomatoes, beans, chiles and water. Secure lid; set pressure valve to SEALING. Select MANUAL; cook on high pressure 5 minutes. Select CANCEL. Keep pressure valve in SEALING position to release pressure naturally.
- Top with shredded Colby-Jack cheese, sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro or green onions.
- We used extra-lean ground beef in this recipe, so there’s no need to drain the beef after cooking.
- When releasing pressure naturally, it’s always a good idea to set the pressure valve to VENTING after the float valve drops down, just to be sure all of the pressure has been released.
1 Serving: Calories 290 (Calories from Fat 100); Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 3 1/2g, Trans Fat 18g); Cholesterol 45mg; Sodium 760mg; Potassium 430mg; Total Carbohydrate 30g (Dietary Fiber 7g; Sugars 9g); Protein 19g % Daily Value: Vitamin A 30%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 6%; Iron 20% Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 0 Fruit, 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 0 Skim Milk, 0 Low-Fat Milk, 0 Milk, 0 Vegetable, 2 1/2 Very Lean Meat, 0 Lean Meat, 0 High-Fat Meat, 2 Fat