Instant Pot™ Beef and Black Bean Chili
Our Instant Pot™ chili combines classic chili flavors with the magic of pressure cooking for a hands-off dinner solution that’s equally fitting for hectic weeknights or lazy Sunday afternoons.
15 Minutes Prep
55 Minutes Total
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb extra-lean (at least 90%) ground beef
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (28 oz) Muir Glen™ organic fire-roasted crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1/2 cup water
- On 6-quart Instant Pot™, select SAUTE; adjust to normal. Heat oil in insert. Add beef, onions, chili powder and salt; cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked. Select CANCEL.
- Stir in tomatoes, beans, chiles and water. Secure lid; set pressure valve to SEALING. Select MANUAL; cook on high pressure 5 minutes. Select CANCEL. Keep pressure valve in SEALING position to release pressure naturally.
- Top with shredded Colby-Jack cheese, sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro or green onions.
- We used extra-lean ground beef in this recipe, so there’s no need to drain the beef after cooking.
- When releasing pressure naturally, it’s always a good idea to set the pressure valve to VENTING after the float valve drops down, just to be sure all of the pressure has been released.