- 1 package (12 count) Old El Paso™ Taco Boats™ mini soft flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cans (4.5 oz each) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1 tablespoon Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- 1 Avocado from Mexico™, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 jalapeño chile (2 to 3 inch), halved lengthwise, seeded and very finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped cooked bacon
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheet with foil or cooking parchment paper. Brush outsides of boats with melted butter.
- In medium bowl, mix cream cheese, green chiles and taco seasoning mix with whisk. Divide evenly among boats; spread to smooth. Place filled boats on cookie sheet. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until filling is hot and boats are toasted.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, gently mix avocado, jalapeño chile, lime juice and salt. Spoon avocado mixture into boats. Top with bacon. Serve warm.
To dice avocado: Cut avocado lengthwise through skin and flesh around pit. With hands, slowly twist both sides of avocado to separate. Gently slide spoon under pit to remove. With knife, make crisscross cuts through flesh; remove with spoon into bowl.
When using bacon as a garnish as in this recipe, seek out the best quality bacon you can find. It really makes a big difference in the finished dish.