- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3- to 4-lb boneless pork shoulder, trimmed, cut in 2- to 3-inch pieces
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 packages (5.1 oz) Old El Paso™ Flour Soft Tortilla Mini Bowls (12 Count)
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled queso fresco
- 1 cup sliced radishes
- 2 medium jalapeño chiles, thinly sliced
- Lime wedges
- In large bowl, mix vegetable oil, taco seasoning mix, cumin, coriander and salt. Add pork, and toss to coat; pour into 5-quart Dutch oven. Place onions and garlic on top of pork. Add water, orange juice and lime juice. Heat to boiling over high heat. Stir; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer uncovered 2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally, until pork is tender.
- Increase heat to medium; cook 3 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently and pressing on pork with spatula to shred meat, until sauce thickens and pork is coated in cooking liquid.
- Divide pork mixture among heated mini bowls; top with queso fresco, radishes and jalapeño chiles. Serve with lime wedges.
- Remove as much fat as possible from the pork to avoid a fatty sauce.
- 2 Mini Taco Bowls Calories 400 (Calories from Fat 220); Total Fat 24g (Saturated Fat 8g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 80mg; Sodium 660mg; Potassium 410mg; Total Carbohydrate 19g (Dietary Fiber 1g ,Sugars 2g); Protein 28g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 10%; Iron 10%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet