- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 1/2 to 4 lb boneless pork shoulder, trimmed; cut in 3 pieces
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag (32 oz) Ore Ida™ Tater Tots™ frozen potatoes
- 1 package (7 oz) Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend
- 1/2 cup chopped avocado
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons jalapeño slices from 1 can (12 oz) Old El Paso™ Hot Jalapeño Slices
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons from 1 bottle (9 oz) Old El Paso™ Zesty Ranch Sauce
- On 6-quart Instant Pot®, select SAUTE; adjust to normal. Heat oil in insert. Add pork; sear 2 to 4 minutes on all sides until browned. Select CANCEL.
- In small bowl, beat broth, brown sugar, taco seasoning mix, garlic powder and salt with whisk. Pork over pork in insert. Secure lid; set pressure valve to SEALING. Select MANUAL; cook on high pressure 90 minutes. Select CANCEL. Keep pressure valve in SEALING position to release pressure naturally.
- When cool enough to handle, shred pork; toss with 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid. Discard remaining cooking liquid. Set aside, and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 450°F. Line large rimmed baking sheet with cooking parchment paper or foil; spray with cooking spray. Place frozen potatoes on baking sheet in one layer. Bake as directed on bag, stirring halfway through.
- Top potatoes evenly with 3 cups pork and the shredded cheese. Top with another 1 cup pork; save remaining pork for another use. Bake 3 to 5 minutes or just until cheese is melted.
- Top with remaining ingredients; serve warm.
- Use leftover pork in tacos or pile on buns with your favorite fixings.
- For extra flavor and creaminess, drizzle extra Old El Paso™ Zesty Ranch Sauce on individual servings of totchos.
- Add or swap any topping ingredients for your own favorites, like sour cream, sliced green onions or corn.
- For best results, bake frozen potatoes in the oven as soon as the pork is done cooking in the Instant Pot®, while the pressure is naturally releasing. This way, the potatoes and the pork will be warm at the same time. You can also prepare the pork in advance, and reheat it before topping the tots.
- 1 Serving Calories 780 (Calories from Fat 470); Total Fat 52g (Saturated Fat 18g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 150mg; Sodium 1690mg; Potassium 640mg; Total Carbohydrate 34g (Dietary Fiber 2g ,Sugars 9g); Protein 43g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 20%; Iron 45%
- Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 4 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet