- 1 bag (11 oz) frozen corn & black beans with brown rice in a Southwestern style sauce
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (10 oz) Old El Paso™ enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (4 medium)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup finely shredded 2% milk reduced-fat Mexican style cheese blend (3 oz)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 tomato, chopped
Step 1 Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate or shallow small casserole with cooking spray. Cook rice mixture as directed on bag for minimum time. In large bowl, mix chicken, rice mixture and enchilada sauce. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the green onions, the cilantro and bell pepper. Spoon into pie plate.
Step 2 Bake uncovered 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Top with shredded lettuce, tomato and remaining green onions.
NutritionCalories230(Calories from Fat60),Total Fat7g(Saturated Fat3g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol55mgSodium620mgTotal Carbohydrate18g(Dietary Fiber2g Sugars3g),Protein23g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A20%;Vitamin C20%;Calcium20%;Iron6%; Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1/2 Vegetable; 2 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Expert TipsYou can prepare the casserole up to a day ahead; cover and refrigerate. Bake as directed, adding about 5 minutes to bake time to compensate for the refrigeration.
You can serve with tortilla chips for topping or dipping into the casserole; however, it will add more calories.