Slow-Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
Prep 10 Minutes
Total 5 Hours 10 Minutes
- 1 package (20 oz) boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups Progresso™ Reduced-Sodium Chicken Broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 2 cans (10 oz each) Old El Paso™ Mild Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 package (7 oz) Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend, if desired
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves, if desired
- 1 bottle (7 oz) Old El Paso™ Crema Mexicana, if desired
Recipe Continues Below
- Spray 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place chicken in slow cooker. Add remaining Soup ingredients to slow cooker; stir.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 5 to 6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board; shred with two forks. Return to slow cooker, and stir.
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls. Serve with Toppings, as desired.
- Try topping your Slow-Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup with chopped avocado or crushed tortilla chips.
- Want a little more heat? Try Old El Paso™ Medium Red Enchilada Sauce.
- Always keep the slow cooker covered for the specified cooking time. Each time the lid is removed, it allows heat to escape, adding 15 to 20 minutes to the cooking time.
- 1 1/3 Cups Calories 260 (Calories from Fat 45); Total Fat 4 1/2g (Saturated Fat 1 1/2g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 90mg; Sodium 900mg; Potassium 440mg; Total Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber 6g ,Sugars 3g); Protein 25g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 6%; Iron 15%
- Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 2 Very Lean Meat; 1 Lean Meat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet