- 2 lb boneless beef chuck roast, trimmed of fat and cut into 4 pieces
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ beef barbacoa slow cooker seasoning mix
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium jalapeño chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 package Old El Paso™ soft flour tortilla bowls
Step 1 Spray 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In slow cooker, mix beef, seasoning mix, onions, garlic, jalapeño chile, 1/2 cup of the barbecue sauce, the water and vinegar. Cover; cook on High heat setting 4 to 5 hours, or Low heat setting 8 to 9 hours or until tender. Transfer beef to cutting board; shred with two forks. Return to slow cooker with remaining 1/4 cup barbecue sauce. Stir to combine.
Step 2 To make slaw: In medium bowl, beat mayonnaise, lime juice, honey and salt with whisk. Add cabbage and cilantro. Toss to coat.
Step 3 Heat tortilla bowls as directed on package. Using slotted spoon or tongs, lift beef out of cooking liquid; divide among tortilla bowls. Top with slaw.