45 Minutes Total
- 10 Servings
- 2 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 2 boneless beef rib eye steaks, 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick (about 12 oz each)
- 2 tablespoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 package (4.7 oz) Old El Paso™ Stand 'N Stuff™ blue corn taco shells
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup ranch dressing
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- In 12-inch skillet, cook bacon over medium heat 7 to 9 minutes or until crisp. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to small bowl; set aside. Reserve skillet with bacon drippings.
- Coat steaks with steak seasoning. Return skillet to medium-high heat until hot. Add steaks to bacon drippings in skillet; cook 5 to 7 minutes on first side or until deep brown and steak releases easily from pan. Turn; cook 5 to 7 minutes longer or until browned and steaks reach desired internal temperature (145°F for medium).
- Transfer steaks to cutting board; cover with foil, and let stand 5 minutes. Slice very thinly; discard any pieces of fat and gristle.
- Meanwhile, heat taco shells as directed on package. Divide lettuce among taco shells. Top with sliced steak and tomatoes. Drizzle with dressing. Top with green onions and bacon.
- For even more steakhouse wedge flavor, top tacos with crumbled blue cheese.
- Grocery stores vary in how they prefer to cut their rib eye steaks. If you can only find larger steaks, don’t fret. Purchase a thick 1 1/2 lb steak, then cut it in half to make the 2 (12 oz) steaks called for in the recipe.
Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 110); Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 50mg; Sodium 620mg; Potassium 200mg; Total Carbohydrate 10g (Dietary Fiber 1g); Protein 18g % Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 2%; Iron 10% Exchanges: 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 2 1/2 Lean Meat, 1 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 1/2