Tasty Taco Soup
25 Minutes Total
- 4 Servings
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ 40% less-sodium taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (28 oz) Muir Glen™ organic diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
Recipe Continues Below
- In 3-quart saucepan, brown ground beef until thoroughly cooked; drain. Add onions and taco seasoning mix; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes, corn and water. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes.
- To serve, ladle soup into serving bowls; top with cheese.
Calories400(Calories from Fat180),Total Fat20g(Saturated Fat9g,),Cholesterol85mgSodium1260mgTotal Carbohydrate27g(Dietary Fiber4g Sugars8g),Protein28g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A30%;Vitamin C25%;Calcium20%;Iron25%; Exchanges:1 1/2 Starch; 1 Vegetable; 3 Lean Meat; 2 Fat; *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.