Thai Beef with Basil Taco Bowls Recipe
25 Minutes Total
- 8 Servings
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sliced serrano chile
- 1/4 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 8 Old El Paso™ whole wheat Taco Bowls™
- 1 cup coarsely shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 lime, cut in wedges
- Cut 1/4 cup of the basil leaves into thin strips; set aside. Roughly chop remaining 3/4 cup basil; set aside.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef, garlic and serrano chile over medium heat 8 to 9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain. Stir in stock and the 3/4 cup chopped basil. Cook 2 to 3 minutes longer or until basil is wilted and liquid is nearly absorbed. Add soy sauce, fish sauce and honey; stir to mix well.
- Meanwhile, heat bowls as directed on package. Divide beef mixture among bowls; top with carrot, remaining 1/4 cup sliced basil, green onions and lime wedges.
- Ground turkey can be substituted for ground beef in this recipe.
- Try this recipe with Thai basil leaves instead of sweet basil leaves for a different flavor.
1 Serving: Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 70); Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium 630mg; Potassium 220mg; Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 2g); Protein 12g % Daily Value: Vitamin A 50%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 6%; Iron 8% Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1/2 Vegetable, 1 Medium-Fat Meat, 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 1