Dirt Dessert Pudding Bowls
Prep 20 Minutes
Total Time 40 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 package (12 count) Old El Paso™ Mini Soft Tortilla Bowls
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 package (4-serving size) chocolate instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1/2 cup frozen (thawed) whipped topping
- 8 creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, finely crushed (about 3/4 cup)
- 12 gummy worm candies
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line rimmed cookie sheet with foil. Lightly brush melted butter on all sides of tortilla bowls. Sprinkle sugar on all sides of bowls. Place on cookie sheet. Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned on edges and firm to the touch. Bowls will crisp as they cool. Remove to cooling rack to cool completely, about 10 minutes.
- When ready to serve, in medium bowl, beat pudding mix and milk 2 minutes, using whisk. Fold in whipped topping. Divide pudding mixture among cooled tortilla bowls, spreading evenly.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon crushed cookies over top of each; lightly press into pudding layer. Cut gummy worm candies in half, and insert the two ends into top of each tortilla bowl. Serve immediately. Store any remaining bowls in refrigerator.
- For more fun, try sprinkling green candy sprinkles or flower-shaped candy decors on tops of crushed cookies in dirt pudding.
- To easily crush cookies in this dirt dessert recipe, place in resealable food-storage plastic bag, and go over with rolling pin.
- Gummy worm candies can vary in size. There’s no need to cut them in half if you buy minis!
- 1 Mini Tortilla Bowl Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 45); Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 270mg; Potassium 85mg; Total Carbohydrate 29g (Dietary Fiber 0g ,Sugars 17g); Protein 3g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 6%; Iron 8%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 1 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet