Ground Beef "Totchos"
Prep 30 Minutes
Total 30 Minutes
- 2 bags (16 oz each) Cascadian Farm™ Spud Puppies™ organic frozen potatoes
- 1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 2 tablespoons from 1 container (6.25 oz) Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix*
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (6 oz)
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- Shredded lettuce
- Sour cream and guacamole, if desired
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line cookie sheet with sides with foil or cooking parchment paper. Place frozen potatoes on cookie sheet. Bake as directed on bag.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Add taco seasoning mix and water. Cook about 2 minutes or until hot.
- Sprinkle potatoes with beef mixture and cheese. Bake 3 to 5 minutes longer or just until cheese is melted. Top with remaining ingredients.
- Swap out the ground beef for a can of drained, rinsed black beans for a vegetarian twist.
- 1 Serving Calories 490 (Calories from Fat 250); Total Fat 28g (Saturated Fat 8g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 50mg; Sodium 1340mg; Potassium 610mg; Total Carbohydrate 43g (Dietary Fiber 3g ,Sugars 1g); Protein 16g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 20%; Iron 8%
- Exchanges: 2 1/2 Starch; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 4 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet