Ground Beef "Totchos"
Put a fun twist on dinnertime with these potato nugget nachos loaded with all your favorite toppings.
30 Minutes Prep
30 Minutes Total
- 2 bags (16 oz each) Cascadian Farm™ Spud Puppies™ organic frozen potatoes
- 1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/2 package Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix (about 2 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (6 oz)
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- Shredded lettuce
- Sour cream and guacamole, if desired
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line cookie sheet with sides with foil or cooking parchment paper. Place frozen potatoes on cookie sheet. Bake as directed on bag.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Add taco seasoning mix and water. Cook about 2 minutes or until hot.
- Sprinkle potatoes with beef mixture and cheese. Bake 3 to 5 minutes longer or just until cheese is melted. Top with remaining ingredients.
- Swap out the ground beef for a can of drained, rinsed black beans for a vegetarian twist.
NutritionCalories490(Calories from Fat250),Total Fat28g(Saturated Fat8g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol50mgSodium1340mgTotal Carbohydrate43g(Dietary Fiber3g Sugars1g),Protein16g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A10%;Vitamin C0%;Calcium20%;Iron8%; Exchanges:2 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 4 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.