Classic Beef Tacos
Prep 25 Minutes
Total 25 Minutes
- 1 lb ground beef (at least 80% lean)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix
- 1 package (4.7 oz) Old El Paso™ Stand ‘N Stuff™ taco shells (10 shells), heated as directed on package
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese (5 oz)
- 1 1/4 cups shredded lettuce
- 3/4 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup sour cream
Recipe Continues Below
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in water and taco seasoning mix; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Divide beef among heated shells; top with cheese, lettuce, tomato and sour cream.
- Choose crunchy lettuce for this recipe, such as iceberg or romaine.
- Want more toppings? Try sliced green onion, sliced jalapeño, or drizzle with your favorite hot sauce.
- 1 Taco Calories 260 (Calories from Fat 160); Total Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 8g ,Trans Fat 1/2g); Cholesterol 55mg; Sodium 360mg; Potassium 170mg; Total Carbohydrate 12g (Dietary Fiber 1g ,Sugars 1g); Protein 13g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 15%; Iron 8%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet