Queso Beef Taco Crescent Ring
Prep 25 Minutes
Total Time 1 Hours
- 1 lb ground beef (at least 80% lean)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
- 2 cans (8 oz each) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Original Crescent Rolls (8 Count)
- 3/4 cup Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend (3 oz)
- 3/4 cup Old El Paso™ Creamy Queso Sauce
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in water, taco seasoning mix and chiles; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- Unroll both cans of dough; separate into 16 triangles. On lined cookie sheet, arrange triangles in ring so short sides of triangles form a 5-inch circle in center. Dough will overlap. Dough ring should look like the sun.
- Spoon beef mixture on the half of each triangle closest to center of ring. Sprinkle and press cheese into beef mixture.
- Bring each dough triangle up over filling, tucking dough under bottom layer of dough to secure it. Repeat around ring until entire filling is enclosed (some filling might show a little).
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until dough is golden brown and thoroughly baked. Cool 5 minutes before cutting into serving slices. Drizzle each slice with sauce; top with avocado and tomatoes.
- Try topping your beef taco ring with Old El Paso™ Taco Sauce, Old El Paso™ Crema Mexicana and shredded lettuce for even more taco fun.
- Spraying the cookie sheet with cooking spray before adding parchment paper helps to hold parchment in place and keep it from sliding around when assembling crescent ring.
- Placing a glass or metal bowl that is 5 inches in diameter on the cookie sheet will help guide you as you create the ring of dough.
- To dice avocado, cut in half, and remove pit. Using large spoon, scoop flesh from skin. Place one half avocado cut side down on cutting board. Make two horizontal cuts to make three planks, then cut lengthwise into strips. Turn 90 degrees, and cut again. Repeat with other half of avocado.
- 1 Serving Calories 410 (Calories from Fat 210); Total Fat 23g (Saturated Fat 9g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 45mg; Sodium 980mg; Potassium 230mg; Total Carbohydrate 33g (Dietary Fiber 1g ,Sugars 7g); Protein 16g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 8%; Iron 15%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet