Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Prep 30 Minutes
Total Time 30 Minutes
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
- 8 medium romaine lettuce leaves, rinsed, patted dry with paper towel
- 1/2 cup from 1 package (7 oz) Old El Paso™ Shredded 3 Pepper Blend Cheese
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup Old El Paso™ Zesty Ranch Sauce
Recipe Continues Below
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in water, taco seasoning mix and green chiles. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- To serve, spoon heaping 1/4 cup chicken mixture onto each lettuce leaf; top with cheese, avocado, onion and cilantro. Drizzle ranch sauce over tops. Serve immediately.
- To give your ground chicken lettuce wraps a different Tex-Mex flavor, try drizzling Old El Paso™ Creamy Salsa Verde Sauce instead of ranch.
- Use Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican 4 Cheese Blend in these chicken taco lettuce wraps instead of Old El Paso™ Shredded 3 Pepper Cheese Blend for a different flavor twist.
- To dice avocado, cut in half and remove pit. Using large spoon, scoop flesh from skin. Place one half avocado, cut side down, on cutting board. Make two horizontal cuts to make three planks, then cut lengthwise into strips. Turn 90 degrees and cut again. Repeat with other half of avocado.
- 2 Lettuce Wraps Calories 310 (Calories from Fat 180); Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 5g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 80mg; Sodium 890mg; Potassium 710mg; Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 4g ,Sugars 3g); Protein 18g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 80%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 10%; Iron 10%
- Exchanges: 1 Other Carbohydrate; 1/2 Vegetable; 2 Very Lean Meat; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 3 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet