Easy Chicken and Black Bean Enchilada Casserole
Prep 15 Minutes
Total Time 1 Hours 5 Minutes
- 2 cans (10 oz each) Old El Paso™ Mild Red Enchilada Sauce
- 2 1/2 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inch), cut in half
- 2 cups from 1 package (7 oz) Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend
Serve with, if desired
- Sliced green onions
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 container (7 oz) Old El Paso™ Crema Mexicana
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce evenly in bottom of baking dish. In medium bowl, stir together chicken, 3/4 cup of the sauce, the taco seasoning mix, beans and frozen corn.
- Place 8 tortilla halves in bottom of baking dish on top of sauce. Spread half of the chicken mixture evenly over tops of tortilla halves; sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese. Top with remaining tortilla halves, chicken mixture and enchilada sauce.
- Cover baking dish with foil. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly around edges. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered 5 to 7 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Top with green onions, cilantro and crema.
- Want a little more heat? Use Old El Paso™ Medium Red Enchilada Sauce.
- Deli rotisserie chicken makes this casserole quick and convenient!
- Try other varieties of Old El Paso™ Taco Seasoning Mix, such as chicken or hot & spicy for something different in this chicken and black bean enchilada casserole recipe.
- Try topping with sliced jalapeño chiles for a spicy layer on the chicken enchilada casserole.
- Once you make the Easy Chicken and Black Bean Enchilada Casserole, try two other mouthwatering enchilada recipes: Chicken Enchilada Casserole and Buffalo Chicken Enchilada Casserole.
- About 1 1/3 Cups Calories 530 (Calories from Fat 180); Total Fat 19g (Saturated Fat 10g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 110mg; Sodium 1450mg; Potassium 570mg; Total Carbohydrate 52g (Dietary Fiber 9g ,Sugars 5g); Protein 37g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 40%; Iron 20%
- Exchanges: 3 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 3 Very Lean Meat; 1 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 3 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet