5-Ingredient Beef Enchilada Casserole
Get a hot, cheesy meal on the table in about an hour with a handful of ingredients you probably already have on hand! By Pillsbury Kitchens
20 Minutes Prep
1 Hour 5 Minutes Total
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can (10 oz) Old El Paso™ mild enchilada sauce
- 1 jar (16 oz) black bean or corn salsa
- 8 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (8 inch)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican four-cheese blend (8 oz)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place 8 burritos open side up in baking dish.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef with salt to taste over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until brown; drain. Transfer to large bowl. Add 1/4 cup of the enchilada sauce, the salsa and 1 cup of the cheese; stir to combine.
- Divide beef mixture among tortillas; wrap tortillas around filling, placing seam side down.
- Top with remaining enchilada sauce and remaining 1 cup cheese. Spray piece of foil large enough to cover baking dish with cooking spray. Cover baking dish with foil, sprayed side down.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- To freeze: Spray 2 (8-inch) disposable foil cake pans with cooking spray. After covering pans with sprayed foil, place in gallon-size resealable freezer plastic bags, or wrap in double layer of plastic wrap. Label and freeze. To bake: Thaw overnight in refrigerator. Heat oven to 350°F. Remove from plastic, and place foil-covered pan(s) on cookie sheet. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted in center reads 165°F. If baking from frozen, bake 1 hour, then remove foil and bake 10 to 15 minutes.
- Bean salsa, corn salsa or a mix of both make these easy enchiladas special, but any salsa will do in a pinch.
- Shredded lettuce, guacamole, salsa and sour cream all make great garnishes for this easy baked dinner.
NutritionCalories400(Calories from Fat180),Total Fat20g(Saturated Fat9g,Trans Fat1 1/2g),Cholesterol60mgSodium720mgTotal Carbohydrate32g(Dietary Fiber2g Sugars2g),Protein21g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A8%;Vitamin C4%;Calcium25%;Iron15%; Exchanges:0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 1 High-Fat Meat; 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.