Baked Tex-Mex Cod
25 Minutes Total
- 4 Servings
- 4 skinless cod fillets (5 oz each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup Old El Paso™ Creamy Salsa Verde Sauce, plus additional for serving (from 9-oz bottle)
- 1/2 cup black beans (from 15-oz can), drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup canned whole kernel sweet corn (from 15.25-oz can), drained
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup seeded, chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 medium jalapeño chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Lime wedges
- Old El Paso™ Flour Tortillas For Soft Tacos & Fajitas, as desired
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 425°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray. Place cod fillets in baking dish. Season with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper. Brush tops of fillets with 1/4 cup of the creamy salsa verde sauce.
- Roast 12 to 15 minutes or until cod fillets are cooked through and flake easily with fork.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix beans, corn, bell pepper, tomato, red onion, cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Transfer roasted cod fillets to serving plate, and top with salsa. Serve with lime wedges, tortillas and additional creamy salsa verde sauce on the side.
- Add creamy Old El Paso™ Crema Mexicana for a cooling topping on this baked cod recipe.
- You can use either frozen or fresh cod for this Baked Tex-Mex Cod recipe. Thaw frozen cod, and pat dry before using. Cut longer fresh fillets lengthwise into 5-oz portions.
- Cooled, cooked fresh or frozen corn kernels make good substitutes for the canned corn in your homemade salsa.
- For toasty tortillas, warm according to oven directions on package before serving.
1 Cod Fillet and about 1/2 Cup Salsa Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 45); Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 60mg; Sodium 770mg; Total Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 3g); Protein 28g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 30%; Calcium 4%; Iron 8%;
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1/2 Vegetable, 3 1/2 Very Lean Meat, 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1