Beef, Bean, & Cheese Taquitos
40 Minutes Total
- 1 pound ground beef, browned & drained (seasoned, if desired)
- 1/2 can (16 oz) Old El Paso™ Traditional Refried Beans
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, Monterey Jack, colby, or a blend)
- 24 corn tortillas
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Warm corn tortillas as directed on package.
- Spread 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons refried beans down the center third of a tortilla, top with about 1 to 2 tablespoons ground beef, and a sprinkle of cheese. Roll up and place seam side down on one of two large cookie sheets or two 12"x17" jelly roll pans. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Spray taquitos lightly with cooking spray. Bake in preheated 400°F oven for about 20 minutes, until lightly browned and crispy. Serve immediately.
- After browning and draining the beef, pulse it a couple of times in a food processor to get the meat finely ground.
- Make sure the tortillas are properly warmed before assembly, otherwise they will crack when rolling up the taquitos.