Beef Elote Taco Bowls
Prep 35 Minutes
Total Time 35 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups fresh or frozen (thawed) corn kernels
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 package (6.7 oz) Old El Paso™ Flour Soft Tortilla Bowls (8 Count)
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
Recipe Continues Below
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add corn, green onions, red pepper and salt; cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until corn begins to brown. Transfer to medium bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Stir in mayonnaise, sour cream and lime juice.
- In same skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix and water. Cook over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes longer or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, heat boats as directed on package. Divide beef mixture among boats. Top with corn mixture, then top with queso fresco cheese and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
- Elote is traditional Mexican grilled sweet corn on the cob. Serve this yummy Mexican street corn in a bowl with lime wedges and an extra sprinkle of ground red pepper for authentic elote flair.
- When making this elote bowl recipe, pat corn kernels dry before adding to butter to help them brown nicely.
- 1 Serving Calories 340 (Calories from Fat 190); Total Fat 21g (Saturated Fat 8g ,Trans Fat 1/2g); Cholesterol 55mg; Sodium 610mg; Potassium 240mg; Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 1g ,Sugars 3g); Protein 14g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 8%; Iron 10%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet