Butternut Squash, Black Bean and Poblano Tortilla Bowls™
Prep 40 Minutes
Total 40 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large poblano chile, seeded and chopped
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups 1/2-inch pieces peeled butternut squash (about 1 small)
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 package (8 count) Old El Paso™ Soft Tortilla Bowls, heated as directed on package
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup toasted pepitas
Recipe Continues Below
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and poblano chile; cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until softened. Add taco seasoning mix and water; stir to combine. Stir in butternut squash and beans; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until squash is tender and liquid has thickened.
- Divide butternut squash mixture among tortilla bowls. Top with remaining ingredients.
- If you enjoy a little creaminess in your butternut squash bowl, feel free to add a dollop of Old El Paso™ Crema Mexicana Sour Cream to the top.
- Look for prechopped butternut squash in the produce department.
- When handling chiles, be sure to wear kitchen gloves to protect your hands, and be careful not to touch your face or eyes. The seeds and membranes of chiles can cause burns. Always wash your hands thoroughly after handling chiles.
- 1 Tortilla Bowl Calories 280 (Calories from Fat 110); Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 4 1/2g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium 610mg; Potassium 390mg; Total Carbohydrate 32g (Dietary Fiber 7g ,Sugars 2g); Protein 9g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 50%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 15%; Iron 15%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Very Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet