Cheesy Chicken and Rice Enchilada Soup
Prep 35 Minutes
Total Time 35 Minutes
- 1 box Hamburger Helper™ cheesy enchilada
- 3 cups water
- 8 oz Kraft™ Velveeta™ prepared cheese product, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (from 16-oz box)
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 can (15 oz) Muir Glen™ organic fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel sweet corn (from 12-oz bag)
- 2 cups half-and-half
Recipe Continues Below
- In 6-quart Dutch oven, heat uncooked rice and sauce mix (from Hamburger Helper™ box) and water to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cheese product; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cheese product is melted.
- Add topping mix (from Hamburger Helper™ box) and remaining ingredients. Increase heat to high. Heat to boiling, stirring frequently. Cover; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 5 to 10 minutes longer, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender.
- Top this enchilada soup with your favorite toppings, such as sour cream, sliced green onions, chopped tomatoes, diced avocado and chopped fresh cilantro.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- 1 Serving Calories 430 (Calories from Fat 160); Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 9g ,Trans Fat 1/2g); Cholesterol 90mg; Sodium 1040mg; Potassium 460mg; Total Carbohydrate 40g (Dietary Fiber 5g ,Sugars 10g); Protein 27g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 30%; Iron 15%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 2 Other Carbohydrate; 1/2 Vegetable; 3 Very Lean Meat; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 2 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet