Cheesy Chorizo Frittata
Prep 15 Minutes
Total 45 Minutes
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ Chorizo Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 8 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend (6 oz)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves and sour cream, if desired
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In small bowl, mix pork and taco seasoning mix until combined. In 10-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add seasoned pork, and cook 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink; do not drain. Remove from heat.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs, milk and salt until combined. Stir in 1 cup of the cheese and 1/4 cup of the green onions. Pour egg mixture over pork mixture in skillet. Stir until combined. Transfer to oven.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until completely set in center and knife inserted in center comes out clean. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese on top. Bake 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cool 5 minutes before serving. Top with remaining 1/4 cup green onions and the tomatoes. Cut into wedges. Top with cilantro and sour cream.
- Try your favorite cheese, such as shredded Monterey Jack cheese or cheddar, to replace Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend for a different twist.
- Skillet (and handle) will be hot, so be sure to cover the handle with a pot holder or kitchen towel before serving.
- 1 Serving Calories 320 (Calories from Fat 200); Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 10g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 305mg; Sodium 680mg; Potassium 250mg; Total Carbohydrate 7g (Dietary Fiber 0g ,Sugars 4g); Protein 22g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 25%; Iron 10%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1 Lean Meat; 1 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet