Cheesy Chorizo Frittata
A one skillet breakfast is super simple to get on the table with this cheesy frittata that is loaded with your favorites—chorizo seasoned pork, eggs, cheese and onions. Serve with fresh toppings and sour cream, and your morning is off to a good start.
15 Minutes Prep
45 Minutes Total
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ Chorizo Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 8 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend (6 oz)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves and sour cream, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In small bowl, mix pork and taco seasoning mix until combined. In 10-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add seasoned pork, and cook 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink; do not drain. Remove from heat.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs, milk and salt until combined. Stir in 1 cup of the cheese and 1/4 cup of the green onions. Pour egg mixture over pork mixture in skillet. Stir until combined. Transfer to oven.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until completely set in center and knife inserted in center comes out clean. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese on top. Bake 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cool 5 minutes before serving. Top with remaining 1/4 cup green onions and the tomatoes. Cut into wedges. Top with cilantro and sour cream.
- Try your favorite cheese, such as shredded Monterey Jack cheese or cheddar, to replace Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend for a different twist.
- Skillet (and handle) will be hot, so be sure to cover the handle with a pot holder or kitchen towel before serving.
1 Serving Calories 320 (Calories from Fat 200); Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 305mg; Sodium 680mg; Total Carbohydrate 7g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 4g); Protein 22g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 25%; Iron 10%;
Exchanges: 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Lean Meat, 1 Medium-Fat Meat, 1 High-Fat Meat, 1 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 0.5