Cheesy Refried Beans
30 Minutes Total
- 8 Servings
- 1 can (16 oz) Old El Paso™ refried beans
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- Cooked rice, if desired
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- In small bowl, mix refried beans and Cheddar cheese. Spread in pie plate. Sprinkle with queso fresco cheese.
- Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Serve with rice as side dish.
- For a fresh twist, top with salsa, guacamole or pico de gallo after the cheesy beans come out of the oven.
- Try other varieties of Old El Paso™ traditional refried beans, such as spicy fat free, green chiles and vegetarian refried beans.
- Precooked rice is available for purchase in the frozen section of the grocery store and is a convenient alternative to the cooked rice in this recipe.
- Try Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican 4 Cheese Blend or 3 Pepper Cheese Blend to replace Cheddar cheese for a different flavor twist.
Calories120(Calories from Fat70),Total Fat7g(Saturated Fat4 1/2g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol20mgSodium330mgTotal Carbohydrate7g(Dietary Fiber2g Sugars0g),Protein7g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A4%;Vitamin C0%;Calcium10%;Iron4%; Exchanges:1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1/2 *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.