Cheesy Refried Beans
Prep 5 Minutes
Total Time 30 Minutes
- 1 can (16 oz) Old El Paso™ Traditional Refried Beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- Cooked rice, if desired
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- In small bowl, mix refried beans and Cheddar cheese. Spread in pie plate. Sprinkle with queso fresco cheese.
- Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Serve with rice as side dish.
- For a fresh twist, top with salsa or pico de gallo after the beans come out of the oven.
- Try other varieties of Old El Paso™ traditional refried beans, such as spicy fat free, green chiles and vegetarian refried beans.
- Precooked rice is available for purchase in the frozen section of the grocery store and is a convenient alternative to the cooked rice in this recipe.
- Try Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican 4 Cheese Blend or 3 Pepper Cheese Blend to replace cheddar cheese for a different flavor twist.
- 1 Serving Calories 120 (Calories from Fat 70); Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 4 1/2g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium 330mg; Potassium 25mg; Total Carbohydrate 7g (Dietary Fiber 2g ,Sugars 0g); Protein 7g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 10%; Iron 4%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet