Cheesy Taco Quesadillas
Prep 25 Minutes
Total 25 Minutes
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded cheese (any combination of Cheddar, mozzarella, Monterey Jack or pepper Jack cheeses)(8 oz)
- 1 tablespoon Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 package (11 oz) Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (8 inch)
Recipe Continues Below
- In food processor, place cream cheese, shredded cheese, taco seasoning mix and lime juice. Process 30 to 60 seconds or until mixture is creamy.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the cheese mixture on one half of each tortilla; fold tortilla over filling.
- Cook quesadillas, 2 at a time, in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 1 to 3 minutes each, turning once, until cheese is melted and tortillas are toasted.
- We used a combination of Cheddar, mozzarella and pepper Jack cheeses, but feel free to experiment with your favorite leftover shredded cheeses.
- The spread is also great slathered on crostini and lightly broiled, or use it as a dip for crudités.
- 1 Quesadilla Calories 340 (Calories from Fat 200); Total Fat 23g (Saturated Fat 12g ,Trans Fat 1 1/2g); Cholesterol 60mg; Sodium 680mg; Potassium 65mg; Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 0g ,Sugars 2g); Protein 11g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 30%; Iron 8%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1 High-Fat Meat; 3 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet