Chick Pea and Chile Shakshuka
35 Minutes Total
- 4 Servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced red onions
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, diced (1 cup)
- 1 can (19 oz) Progresso™ chick peas, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen™ organic fire roasted crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
Recipe Continues Below
- In 12-inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and bell pepper; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until softened and beginning to brown on edges.
- Stir in chick peas, tomatoes, chiles, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, honey and smoked paprika; heat to simmering.
- With back of spoon, make 4 evenly-spaced indentions in chick pea mixture. Gently crack egg into each indention. Cover; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 10 to 14 minutes or until yolks are set.
- Top with feta cheese and cilantro; serve with lime wedges.
- Serve with toasted pita to sop up all the delicious sauce.
- Can’t take the heat? Reduce the chile garlic sauce to 2 teaspoons.
1 Servings: Calories 270 (Calories from Fat 120); Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 205mg; Sodium 1070mg; Potassium 270mg; Total Carbohydrate 26g (Dietary Fiber 3g); Protein 12g % Daily Value: Vitamin A 50%; Vitamin C 40%; Calcium 15%; Iron 10% Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Vegetable, 1 Medium-Fat Meat, 1 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 2