Chicken and Black Bean Spicy Tacos
Chicken, black beans and avocado bring a trio of great flavors to the bold flavor of these Old El Paso™ bold spicy taco shells.
30 Minutes Prep
30 Minutes Total
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ chicken taco seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 10 Old El Paso™ Stand 'N Stuff™ bold spicy taco shells
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (4 oz)
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- Make it FRESH toppings, as desired (see below)
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in center. Stir in taco seasoning mix and water. Heat to boiling. Stir in black beans; reduce heat, and simmer uncovered 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- While chicken is cooking, heat shells as directed on package. Divide chicken mixture among shells; add cheese, avocado, sour cream and Sriracha sauce. Add Make it FRESH toppings.
- Ideas for Make it FRESH toppings: diced tomato, fresh lime wedges.
- To dice the avocado, cut in half, and remove pit. Using large spoon, scoop flesh from skin. Place one half avocado cut side down on cutting board. Make two horizontal cuts to make three planks, then cut lengthwise into strips. Turn 90 degrees, and cut again. Repeat with other half of avocado.
NutritionCalories270(Calories from Fat130),Total Fat14g(Saturated Fat6g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol40mgSodium540mgTotal Carbohydrate20g(Dietary Fiber4g Sugars2g),Protein17g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A8%;Vitamin C6%;Calcium15%;Iron10%; Exchanges:1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.