- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeño chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 cup salsa verde or green salsa
- 10 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas (6 inch; from 11.5 oz package)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican-style Cheddar Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers (4 oz)
- 1 medium plum (Roma) tomato, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Step 1 In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender. Stir in chicken, jalapeño chiles, cumin and salsa verde; cook 4 to 6 minutes or until hot. Keep warm.
Step 2 Heat tortillas as directed on package. Work with 4 tortillas at a time, covering remaining tortillas with a damp paper towel. Spoon 2 level tablespoons chicken mixture and 1 tablespoon shredded cheese in center of each tortilla. Top with tomato and cilantro. Fold 1/3 of tortilla down over filling; fold sides toward center. Fold remaining side up, and turn over. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Serve immediately.
NutritionCalories190(Calories from Fat70),Total Fat7g(Saturated Fat2 1/2g,Trans Fat1g),Cholesterol20mgSodium430mgTotal Carbohydrate21g(Dietary Fiber0g Sugars0g),Protein9g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A4%;Vitamin C0%;Calcium10%;Iron8%; Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 0 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1 1/2 *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Expert TipsMake these burritos up to a day ahead. Cover and refrigerate, then bake at 350°F 15 to 20 minutes or until hot.
Serve with sour cream or your favorite guacamole as a dip. For added color, garnish with a sprig of cilantro.