Chicken Mini Burritos
Prep 45 Minutes
Total Time 45 Minutes
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeño chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 cup salsa verde or green salsa
- 10 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas (6 inch; from 11.5 oz package)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican-style Cheddar Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers (4 oz)
- 1 medium plum (Roma) tomato, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Recipe Continues Below
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender. Stir in chicken, jalapeño chiles, cumin and salsa verde; cook 4 to 6 minutes or until hot. Keep warm.
- Heat tortillas as directed on package. Work with 4 tortillas at a time, covering remaining tortillas with a damp paper towel. Spoon 2 level tablespoons chicken mixture and 1 tablespoon shredded cheese in center of each tortilla. Top with tomato and cilantro. Fold 1/3 of tortilla down over filling; fold sides toward center. Fold remaining side up, and turn over. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Serve immediately.
- Make these burritos up to a day ahead. Cover and refrigerate, then bake at 350°F 15 to 20 minutes or until hot.
- Serve with sour cream or your favorite guacamole as a dip. For added color, garnish with a sprig of cilantro.
- 1 Mini Burrito Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 70); Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g ,Trans Fat 1g); Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium 430mg; Potassium 105mg; Total Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 0g ,Sugars 0g); Protein 9g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 10%; Iron 8%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet