Chicken Mini Burritos
Kicky chiles, spices and salsa punch up mini burritos that make great appetizers or light lunch fare.
45 Minutes Prep
45 Minutes Total
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeño chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 cup salsa verde or green salsa
- 10 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas (6 inch; from 11.5 oz package)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican-style Cheddar Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers (4 oz)
- 1 medium plum (Roma) tomato, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender. Stir in chicken, jalapeño chiles, cumin and salsa verde; cook 4 to 6 minutes or until hot. Keep warm.
- Heat tortillas as directed on package. Work with 4 tortillas at a time, covering remaining tortillas with a damp paper towel. Spoon 2 level tablespoons chicken mixture and 1 tablespoon shredded cheese in center of each tortilla. Top with tomato and cilantro. Fold 1/3 of tortilla down over filling; fold sides toward center. Fold remaining side up, and turn over. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Serve immediately.
- Make these burritos up to a day ahead. Cover and refrigerate, then bake at 350°F 15 to 20 minutes or until hot.
- Serve with sour cream or your favorite guacamole as a dip. For added color, garnish with a sprig of cilantro.