Chile Rellenos Dip
Prep 10 Minutes
Total 1 Hours
- 2 Poblano peppers
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon from 1 container (6.25 oz) Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
- 8 oz Mexican chorizo, crumbled and cooked and drained of excess grease
- 1/4 cup Old El Paso™ Red Enchilada Sauce
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Recipe Continues Below
- Roast the poblano peppers under the broiler on a sheet pan lined with foil. Depending on the size of the peppers, it will take 7-10 minutes per side for the skin to completely blacken.
- Remove from the oven and wrap the peppers in the foil and let steam for 20 minutes. Turn the oven down to 350° F (175°C).
- Peel the charred skin from the peppers, remove the stem and all the seeds, and chop.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and 1 cup of the Monterey Jack cheese together until smooth. Add in the garlic and taco seasoning.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture in the bottom of a medium casserole dish. Layer the chopped Old El Paso™ Chiles on top of the cheese, followed by the chorizo, then the enchilada sauce, and then top with the remaining 1 cup of Monterey Jack cheese and the chopped roasted poblano peppers.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet