Creamy Chicken Chile Enchiladas
Prep 30 Minutes
Total 1 Hours 5 Minutes
- 2 cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 3 tablespoons Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 container (6 oz) Greek Fat Free plain yogurt
- 2 cups cubed or shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese (6 oz)
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 3/4 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions (8 medium)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 8 flour or corn tortillas (6 or 7 inch)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped (3/4 cup)
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In 2-quart saucepan, stir broth, flour, cumin and red pepper with whisk until blended. Cook and stir about 5 minutes, until mixture boils and thickens slightly. Remove from heat. Stir in yogurt until blended.
- In medium bowl, mix chicken, 3/4 cup of the cheese, the corn, black beans, green onions, cilantro, chiles and 1/2 cup of the yogurt sauce. Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas; arrange seam sides down in baking dish. Top with remaining yogurt sauce. Cover with foil.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until sauce is bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese. Bake uncovered about 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Top with tomato just before serving.
- Leftover chicken works great in this recipe.
- Did you know the history of enchiladas dates back to the 19th century? The first Mexican cookbook, El Cocinero Mexicano (“The Mexican Chef”), published in 1831, included recipes for enchiladas.
- Love the flavors in these Creamy Chicken Chile Enchiladas? Enjoy them in a soup! Slow-Cooker Green Enchilada Soup satisfies all your flavor cravings in this easy-to-prep comfort meal.
1 enchilada Calories 280 (Calories from Fat 140); Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 1g); Cholesterol 60mg; Sodium 550mg; Total Carbohydrate 19g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g); Protein 16g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 10%; Iron 6%;
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch, 1 Very Lean Meat, 1/2 High-Fat Meat, 2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1