Creamy Chicken Chile Enchiladas
Prep 30 Minutes
Total Time 1 Hours 5 Minutes
- 2 cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 3 tablespoons Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 container (6 oz) Greek Fat Free plain yogurt
- 2 cups cubed or shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese (6 oz)
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 3/4 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions (8 medium)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 8 flour or corn tortillas (6 or 7 inch)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped (3/4 cup)
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In 2-quart saucepan, stir broth, flour, cumin and red pepper with whisk until blended. Cook and stir about 5 minutes, until mixture boils and thickens slightly. Remove from heat. Stir in yogurt until blended.
- In medium bowl, mix chicken, 3/4 cup of the cheese, the corn, black beans, green onions, cilantro, chiles and 1/2 cup of the yogurt sauce. Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas; arrange seam sides down in baking dish. Top with remaining yogurt sauce. Cover with foil.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until sauce is bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese. Bake uncovered about 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Top with tomato just before serving.
- Leftover chicken works great in this recipe. Or use the meat from a deli rotisserie chicken.
- Did you know the history of enchiladas dates back to the 19th century? The first Mexican cookbook, El Cocinero Mexicano (“The Mexican Chef”), published in 1831, included recipes for enchiladas.
- Love the flavors in these Creamy Chicken Chile Enchiladas? Enjoy them in a soup! Slow-Cooker Green Enchilada Soup satisfies all your flavor cravings in this easy-to-prep comfort meal.
- 1 Enchilada Calories 310 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g ,Trans Fat 1/2g); Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium 810mg; Potassium 380mg; Total Carbohydrate 38g (Dietary Fiber 3g ,Sugars 5g); Protein 24g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 30%; Iron 15%
- Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1 Vegetable; 1 Very Lean Meat; 1 Lean Meat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet