Delicious, yet lower in fat and calories with Greek yogurt and reduced-fat cheese in these yummy enchiladas. By Betty Crocker Kitchens
30 Minutes Prep
1 Hour 5 Minutes Total
- 2 cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 3 tablespoons Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 container (6 oz) Greek Fat Free plain yogurt
- 2 cups cubed or shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese (6 oz)
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 3/4 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions (8 medium)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 8 flour or corn tortillas (6 or 7 inch)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped (3/4 cup)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In 2-quart saucepan, stir broth, flour, cumin and red pepper with whisk until blended. Cook and stir about 5 minutes, until mixture boils and thickens slightly. Remove from heat. Stir in yogurt until blended.
- In medium bowl, mix chicken, 3/4 cup of the cheese, the corn, black beans, green onions, cilantro, chiles and 1/2 cup of the yogurt sauce. Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas; arrange seam sides down in baking dish. Top with remaining yogurt sauce. Cover with foil.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until sauce is bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese. Bake uncovered about 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Top with tomato just before serving.
- Leftover chicken works great in this recipe. Or use the meat from a deli rotisserie chicken. Make this the night before; cover tightly with aluminum foil and refrigerate. Then just pop it in the oven—you may have to bake a few minutes longer since it was in the refrigerator.
NutritionCalories310(Calories from Fat60),Total Fat7g(Saturated Fat2 1/2g,Trans Fat1/2g),Cholesterol35mgSodium810mgTotal Carbohydrate38g(Dietary Fiber3g Sugars5g),Protein24g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A10%;Vitamin C8%;Calcium30%;Iron15%; Exchanges:1 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1 Vegetable; 1 Very Lean Meat; 1 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 0 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:2 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.