Crispy Beans and Rice Ten Minute Chicken Tacos
Try this new main dish adaptation of the popular Mexican rice and beans. Now in a taco bowl, it is sure to be a hit with the whole family!
10 Minutes Prep
10 Minutes Total
- 1 Old El Paso™ Soft Tortilla Bowls
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen cooked rice, heated as directed on package
- 1/2 can (16-oz size) Old El Paso™ refried beans
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend (4 oz)
- 2 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken (from 2-lb chicken)
- Make it FRESH toppings, as desired (see below)
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line cookie sheet with foil. Place tortillas on cookie sheet.
- In large bowl, mix rice, 1/2 can of beans (reserve remaining half for another use), the taco seasoning mix, cheese and chicken, stirring well to combine. Divide mixture among tortillas.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture is well heated through and tortillas are golden brown. While tortillas are baking, prepare toppings. Serve tacos with toppings.
- Ideas for Make it FRESH toppings: fresh corn, sour cream, salsa, avocado chunks, chopped fresh cilantro, sliced jalapeño peppers, Sriracha sauce.
- To truly make this a ten minute taco, use preshredded rotisserie chicken found in the supermarket.
NutritionCalories260(Calories from Fat100),Total Fat11g(Saturated Fat4 1/2g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol45mgSodium510mgTotal Carbohydrate24g(Dietary Fiber1g Sugars0g),Protein16g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A2%;Vitamin C0%;Calcium15%;Iron8%; Exchanges:1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 1 Very Lean Meat; 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.