Crispy Chicken Tacos with Guacamole Salsa Recipe
20 Minutes Total
- 8 Servings
- 1 cup pico de gallo salsa
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ crispy taco seasoning mix for chicken or fish
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 box (8 count) Old El Paso™ crispy flour tortilla shells, heated as directed on box
- In medium bowl, gently mix pico de gallo and avocado; set aside.
- Place chicken in medium bowl. Add seasoning mix; stir to coat.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Carefully add chicken in one layer. Cook 4 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally, until deep golden brown on outside and no longer pink in center.
- Divide chicken filling among warm taco shells. Top chicken with avocado mixture.
- Try these additional fresh toppings: shredded lettuce, shredded Cheddar cheese and sour cream.
- You can buy pico de gallo premade or, to make homemade pico de gallo, mix 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes, 2 tablespoons chopped red onion, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves, 1 medium jalapeño chile, seeded and finely chopped, 1 tablespoon lime juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
1 Serving: Calories 300 (Calories from Fat 120); Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium 570mg; Potassium 330mg; Total Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber 2g); Protein 16g % Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 6%; Iron 4% Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1 1/2 Very Lean Meat, 2 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 2