Easy al Pastor Chicken Tacos
Take a sweet and spicy turn for your next taco night by adding Old El Paso Al Pastor Taco Seasoning Mix™ with this Easy Al Pastor chicken taco recipe. Next, throw in some pineapple, red pepper and green chiles with all your fun chicken taco fixings. This twist on easy chicken tacos will up your taco game without any extra effort. Toss the whole mix into Old El Paso Soft Tortilla Mini Bowl™ for easy assembly and delicious bites of spicy and sweet. An effortless and flavorful easy chicken taco recipe, you can't go wrong.
25 Minutes Prep
25 Minutes Total
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 can (8 oz) pineapple tidbits in juice, undrained
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ Al Pastor Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 package (8 count) Old El Paso™ Soft Tortilla Bowls, heated as directed on package
- 1/3 cup sour cream, if desired
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese (4 oz)
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in center.
- Stir in pineapple and taco seasoning mix; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 1 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Divide lettuce among tortilla bowls. Top with sour cream. Divide chicken mixture among tortilla bowls; add cheese, bell pepper and green onions.
- For best results, pat chicken slices dry before adding to hot skillet.
- Shredded green cabbage makes a nice substitute for the shredded lettuce.
Nutrition8 servings (1 tortilla bowl each)
1 Tortilla Bowl Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 90); Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 50mg; Sodium 440mg; Total Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 6g); Protein 17g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 15%; Iron 8%;
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch, 1 Very Lean Meat, 1 High-Fat Meat,
Carbohydrate Choice: 1.5