Easy al Pastor Chicken Tacos
Prep 25 Minutes
Total 25 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 can (8 oz) pineapple tidbits in juice, undrained
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ Al Pastor Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 package (8 count) Old El Paso™ Soft Tortilla Bowls, heated as directed on package
- 1/3 cup sour cream, if desired
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese (4 oz)
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
Recipe Continues Below
- In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in center.
- Stir in pineapple and taco seasoning mix; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 1 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Divide lettuce among tortilla bowls. Top with sour cream. Divide chicken mixture among tortilla bowls; add cheese, bell pepper and green onions.
- For best results, pat chicken slices dry before adding to hot skillet.
- Shredded green cabbage makes a nice substitute for the shredded lettuce.
- 1 Tortilla Bowl Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 90); Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 4 1/2g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 50mg; Sodium 440mg; Potassium 180mg; Total Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 1g ,Sugars 6g); Protein 17g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 15%; Iron 8%
- Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 1 Very Lean Meat; 1 High-Fat Meat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet