- 1/2 cup uncooked regular white rice
- Juice of 1 medium lime
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken (from 2-lb chicken)
- 1 can (16 oz) Old El Paso™ refried beans
- 1 package (11 oz) Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (8 inch)
- 1 cup pico de gallo salsa
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce, if desired
- 1/2 cup Mexican sour cream or sour cream
Step 1 Cook rice as directed on package. Stir in lime juice, cilantro and chicken, fluffing with fork. Meanwhile, heat beans as directed on can.
Step 2 Wrap tortillas between two paper towels. Microwave on High 30 seconds. Place 1 tortilla on work surface. Place about 1/2 cup chicken mixture on middle of tortilla. Top with 2 tablespoons each beans, salsa and lettuce. Add sour cream on top.
Step 3 Fold edge of tortilla closest to you toward middle of mixture; repeat with edge farthest away. Starting with right side, begin to fold tortilla up slowly, ensuring that folded sides remain intact. Continue until burrito is completely enclosed. Cut in half before serving, wrapping in foil if desired. Serve remaining beans on the side, if desired.
NutritionCalories320(Calories from Fat90),Total Fat10g(Saturated Fat4g,Trans Fat1g),Cholesterol40mgSodium1030mgTotal Carbohydrate40g(Dietary Fiber3g Sugars2g),Protein16g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A6%;Vitamin C2%;Calcium8%;Iron15%; Exchanges:2 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 1 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:2 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Expert TipsServe these burritos with chips, salsa and guacamole to round out the meal.
Any variety of Old El Paso™ refried beans can be used in this recipe.