Easy Grilled Chicken Tacos
These tacos are perfect for outdoor grilling! Try grilling the tortillas for extra grilled flavor. By Betty Crocker Kitchens
15 Minutes Prep
30 Minutes Total
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/3 cup Old El Paso™ Thick ’n Chunky salsa
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for soft tacos & fajitas (6 inch; from 8.2-oz package)
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In gallon-size resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix oil, lime juice and 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix until smooth. Add chicken; seal bag. Shake until chicken is evenly coated.
- Place chicken on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 12 to 15 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F). Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, heat beans, salsa and cilantro over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until hot. Remove from heat; cover and keep warm.
- Cut chicken crosswise into strips. Divide chicken on half of each tortilla; top with bean mixture. Fold other half of tortilla over filling.
- If you like, top these with sour cream and shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Save remaining taco seasoning mix for another use.
NutritionCalories440(Calories from Fat90),Total Fat10g(Saturated Fat2g,Trans Fat1 1/2g),Cholesterol35mgSodium1110mgTotal Carbohydrate60g(Dietary Fiber13g Sugars0g),Protein25g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A15%;Vitamin C0%;Calcium15%;Iron20%; Exchanges:4 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:4
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.