Easy Taco Bake
45 Minutes Total
- 8 Servings
- 2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 jar (16 oz) Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky salsa (2 cups)
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (15 oz) pinto beans or Progresso™ black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (3.8 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 can (13.8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated classic pizza crust
- 1/2 cup corn chips, crushed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup diced tomato (1 medium)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Heat oven to 400°F. In 12-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in salsa and taco seasoning mix. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 5 minutes.
- Stir beans and olives into beef mixture. Cook until thoroughly heated and bubbly. Spoon into ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish. Unroll dough over filling; sprinkle crushed corn chips over top.
- Bake 13 to 17 minutes until light golden brown. Sprinkle cheese evenly over chips; let stand 5 minutes to melt cheese. Serve with lettuce, tomato and sour cream.
- Shredded taco-flavored cheese or Mexican cheese blend can be substituted for the Cheddar cheese.
- One tablespoon cornmeal can be sprinkled over the dough before baking instead of the crushed corn chips.
Calories530(Calories from Fat220),Total Fat25g(Saturated Fat10g,Trans Fat1g),Cholesterol95mgSodium1470mgTotal Carbohydrate44g(Dietary Fiber5g Sugars7g),Protein31g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A20%;Vitamin C4%;Calcium15%;Iron25%; Exchanges:2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:3 *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.