Enchilada Chicken Wings
Prep 15 Minutes
Total 25 Minutes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken wings, separated at the joint, tips removed
- 2 teaspons Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 can (10 oz) Old El Paso™ enchilada sauce
- 2 tablespoons wing sauce
Recipe Continues Below
- Make the Dip: Combine the sour cream, cilantro and garlic in a small food processor or blender. Process until smooth. Season to taste with salt. Refrigerate until needed.
- Make the Wings: Place a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet and set aside.
- Heat a large, heavy skillet with about an inch of oil to 350º F.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning onto both sides of the wings. Working in 2 batches, add the wings to the oil and fry until cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side.
- When the first batch is finished cooking, use tongs to transfer the wings to the cooling rack and place in the oven to keep them warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the enchilada sauce and the wing sauce.
- Once the wings are cooked, add them to the bowl with the enchilada sauce and stir to coat.
- Serve immediately with the creamy cilantro dip.