Grilled Fish Tacos in Crispy Shells
50 Minutes Total
- 8 Servings
- 1 lb tilapia fillets
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 box (8 ct) Old El Paso™ crispy flour tortilla shells, removed from box and carefully wrapped in heavy-duty foil
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- Lime wedges
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Cut 2 (18x12-inch) sheets of heavy-duty foil. Fold all four sides up on each sheet and pinch corners to form 2 foil trays. Spray with cooking spray.
- Place fillets on foil trays, and brush each side with oil. Sprinkle taco seasoning mix on all sides until evenly coated.
- In medium bowl, mix lime juice, honey and salt. Add cabbage, bell pepper and cilantro; stir to coat. Set aside.
- Using large spatula, carefully place foil trays with fish on grill over medium heat (350°F to 400°F). Cover grill; cook 12 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily. Using large spatula, transfer foil tray with fish to sheet pan. Turn grill to low (250°F to 300°F).
- Place wrapped shells on low grill; heat 6 minutes, carefully turning once halfway through.
- Using fork, break fish into chunks, and divide among warm shells. Top fish with slaw, sour cream, tomato, green onions and desired fresh toppings.
- Try these additional fresh toppings on your grilled fish tacos: sliced radish, jalapeño or avocado.
- Cooking on a foil tray makes grilling delicate fish much easier.
- Instead of tilapia, you can use striped bass, red snapper or catfish fillets in your grilled fish tacos.
1 Serving: Calories 200 (Calories from Fat 70); Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 30mg; Sodium 460mg; Potassium 320mg; Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 1g); Protein 13g % Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 20%; Calcium 4%; Iron 6% Exchanges: 1 Other Carbohydrate, 1/2 Vegetable, 2 Very Lean Meat, 1 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 1