Grilled Pork Tenderloin Tacos
50 Minutes Total
- 8 Servings
- 1 pork tenderloin, trimmed (about 1 1/4 lb)
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix
- 1 box (8 ct) Old El Paso™ crispy flour tortilla shells, removed from box and carefully wrapped in heavy-duty foil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 to 3 teaspoons chopped chipotles in adobo sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- Lime wedges
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- Coat tenderloin with oil, and rub with taco seasoning mix. Place pork on grill over medium heat (350°F to 400°F); cover grill. Cook 17 to 20 minutes, turning frequently, until pork has slight blush of pink in center and meat thermometer inserted in center reads 145°F. Transfer to cutting board; let rest 5 minutes. Turn grill to low (250°F to 300°F).
- Place wrapped shells on low grill; heat 6 minutes, carefully turning once halfway through.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix mayonnaise, chipotles (as desired to taste) and cilantro. Add cabbage; stir to coat. Set aside.
- Coarsely chop pork into bite-size pieces; toss with lime juice. Divide pork among warm shells; top with slaw and diced tomatoes. Serve with lime wedges and desired fresh toppings.
- Try these additional fresh toppings: jalapeño, avocado or guacamole.
- Adjust the dressing to your desired spice level by adjusting chipotles to between 1 and 3 teaspoons.
1 Serving: Calories 300 (Calories from Fat 160); Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 50mg; Sodium 490mg; Potassium 350mg; Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 1g); Protein 18g % Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 4%; Iron 6% Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1/2 Vegetable, 2 Very Lean Meat, 3 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 1