Hot Beef and Bean Dip
Prep 10 Minutes
Total Time 50 Minutes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 packet (1 oz) Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 cans (16 oz) Old El Paso™ Traditional Refried Beans
- 2 cans (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
- 8 oz Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 package (7 oz) Old El Paso™ Shredded 3 Pepper Blend Cheese
Recipe Continues Below
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium skillet, cook the ground beef until cooked through, breaking it up as it cooks.
- While the beef cooks, beat the cream cheese and the taco seasoning together in a large bowl.
- Stir in the refried beans and the green chiles. Add 3/4 of the Cheddar and 3/4 of the Pepper Jack, then the cooked ground beef. Stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish. Top with the remaining cheese. Bake until heated through and the cheese is melted and bubbly, 20-30 minutes.
- Top with chopped cilantro before serving. Serve with tortilla chips.
- Top this beef and bean dip with sliced green onions for even more fresh color and flavor.
- Make it your own! Instead of beef, try using ground turkey or ground pork for this bean dip. Just be sure to use a nonstick pan to brown your meat of choice.
- For a pretty presentation, make and bake this ground beef and bean dip in one dish! Brown the beef in a large cast iron skillet and use the same skillet to bake the dip.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet