Instant Pot® Southwest Pork Shoulder
Prep 30 Minutes
Total 2 Hours 30 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 to 4 lb boneless pork shoulder, trimmed and cut in 3 pieces
- 1 cup Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 2 packages (1 oz each) Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Recipe Continues Below
- On 6-quart Instant Pot®, select SAUTE; adjust to normal. Heat oil in insert. Add pork; sear 3 to 5 minutes on all sides until browned. Select CANCEL.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix broth, taco seasoning mix, garlic and chili powder. Pour over pork in insert. Secure lid; set pressure valve to SEALING. Select MANUAL; cook on high pressure 90 minutes. Select CANCEL. Keep pressure valve in SEALING position to release pressure naturally.
- When cool enough to handle, shred pork and toss with lime juice and 1 cup of the cooking liquid; discard remaining cooking liquid.
- Naturally releasing pressure allows the pork to cook longer and become even more tender as it cools.
- For best flavor, allow pork to get quite brown on all sides while sautéing.
- 1 Serving Calories 310 (Calories from Fat 170); Total Fat 19g (Saturated Fat 6g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 95mg; Sodium 310mg; Potassium 410mg; Total Carbohydrate 3g (Dietary Fiber 0g ,Sugars 0g); Protein 31g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 8%
- Exchanges: 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet