- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 to 4 lb boneless pork shoulder, trimmed and cut in 3 pieces
- 1 cup Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 2 packages (1 oz each) Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Step 1 On 6-quart Instant Pot™, select SAUTE; adjust to normal. Heat oil in insert. Add pork; sear 3 to 5 minutes on all sides until browned. Select CANCEL.
Step 2 Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix broth, taco seasoning mix, garlic and chili powder. Pour over pork in insert. Secure lid; set pressure valve to SEALING. Select MANUAL; cook on high pressure 90 minutes. Select CANCEL. Keep pressure valve in SEALING position to release pressure naturally.
Step 3 When cool enough to handle, shred pork and toss with lime juice and 1 cup of the cooking liquid; discard remaining cooking liquid.
Nutrition1 Serving: Calories 310 (Calories from Fat 170); Total Fat 19g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 95mg; Sodium 310mg; Potassium 410mg; Total Carbohydrate 3g (Dietary Fiber 0g); Protein 31g % Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 8% Exchanges: 0 Starch, 0 Fruit, 0 Other Carbohydrate, 0 Skim Milk, 0 Low-Fat Milk, 0 Milk, 0 Vegetable, 0 Very Lean Meat, 4 1/2 Lean Meat, 0 High-Fat Meat, 1 Fat
Naturally releasing pressure allows the pork to cook longer and become even more tender as it cools.
For best flavor, allow pork to get quite brown on all sides while sautéing.