Instant Pot™ Southwest Pork Shoulder
This easy Southwest pulled pork is bursting with bright chile-lime flavor that’s perfect for burritos, bowls, quesadillas, enchiladas and more.
30 Minutes Prep
2 Hours 30 Minutes Total
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 to 4 lb boneless pork shoulder, trimmed and cut in 3 pieces
- 1 cup Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 2 packages (1 oz each) Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- On 6-quart Instant Pot™, select SAUTE; adjust to normal. Heat oil in insert. Add pork; sear 3 to 5 minutes on all sides until browned. Select CANCEL.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix broth, taco seasoning mix, garlic and chili powder. Pour over pork in insert. Secure lid; set pressure valve to SEALING. Select MANUAL; cook on high pressure 90 minutes. Select CANCEL. Keep pressure valve in SEALING position to release pressure naturally.
- When cool enough to handle, shred pork and toss with lime juice and 1 cup of the cooking liquid; discard remaining cooking liquid.
- Naturally releasing pressure allows the pork to cook longer and become even more tender as it cools.
- For best flavor, allow pork to get quite brown on all sides while sautéing.